Telah dibaca 38 kali
Pronouns atau yang dalam Bahasa Indonesianya berarti kata ganti diri atau kata ganti orang merupakan salah satu Parts of Speech yang berguna untuk menjadikan suatu kalimat menjadi lebih ringkas atau efektif. Nah ayo adik-adik KLC sekarang kita belajar tentang Pronouns bersama, disimak baik-baik ya karena meskipun terlihat mudah tapi masih banyak orang yang melakukan kesalahan dalam penyusunan Pronouns.
Mari belajar dengan Video Pembelajaran dari KLC. Dijamin belajar bisa dimana saja dan tentunya lebih asik dan menarik. Pada bagian ini kita akan membahas materi mengenai Pronouns. Silahkan cermati materi dan video pembelajaran berikut ini .
At the end of the class, the students are able to:
- Identify types of pronoun in English
- Use pronouns properly in sentences
Read the following sentences. Then, try to change the underlined words with suitable pronouns you know.
|Alia wants to have many pen pals because Alia likes making friends. Alia’s pen pals come from many parts of the world. Caroline introduces Alia to Hannah. Now, Hannah becomes Alia’s pen pals. Hannah likes Alia a lot.|
Look at the following table. It contains four types of pronouns, such as Subjective, Objective, Possessive Adjective, and Possessive Pronouns. Listen to your teacher and repeat.
Subjective pronouns are subjects of a sentence. Listen and repeat the following sentences after the teacher. Pay attention on the underlined words as examples of subjective pronouns.
- I have three dogs.
- You like to have many pen pals.
- He studies in an elementary school.
- She will get married.
- We love Indonesia.
- They need attention.
- It barks when it is happy.
Objective pronouns are the objects of a sentence. Listen and repeat the following sentences after the teacher. Pay attention on the underlined words as examples of objective pronouns.
- I know Caroline. She introduced me to you via e-mail.
- My brother is an elementary school student. Sometimes I accompany him to go to school.
- My sister is a good student. Her campus gave her scholarship.
- We love animals. Last week our neighbour gave us a funny kitten.
- They run the family business seriously. Customers like them very much.
- The fur of the cat is soft. We like to stroke it.
C. POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVES
First, Possessive adjectives are words that indicate possession. Possessive adjectives are used with nouns. Listen and repeat the following sentences after the teacher. Pay attention on the underlined words as examples of possessive adjectives. The words in italics are nouns.
- I have a pen pal. My pen pal is very kind.
- You have three dogs. Your dogs need a lot of attention.
- He studies in an elementary school. His school is not far.
- She loves reading books. Her books are in that cupboard.
- We run the business together. Our business is good.
- They frequently come here. This park is their favorite place.
- The kitten is funny. Its tail moves fast when it’s happy.
D. POSSESSIVE PRONOUNS
Possessive pronouns also show possession but possessive pronouns are not followed by nouns. Listen and repeat the following sentences after the teacher. Pay attention on the underlined words as examples of possessive pronouns.
- This is my book. This book is mine.
- These are your dog. These dogs are yours.
- His school is far from here. His is far.
- Her book is interesting. Hers is interesting.
- Their family business is good. Theirs is good.
- Our plan has many alternatives. Ours has many alternatives.
Change the underlined words below with suitable pronouns.
|Agung is my friend. Agung is from Klungkung. Agung’s hobbies are dancing and painting. Agung and I are classmate. I like making friend with Agung.|
Fill in the blanks with the right subjective pronouns.
1. ____ (Me/I) come to Yogyakarta every month.
2. ____ (His/He) spends the weekend playing guitar.
3. ____ (They/Them) told me that they sent e-mail to each other every day.
4. ____ (We/Ours) plan to visit Thailand next year.
5. ____ (We/It) can climb Bromo Mountain together on July.
Fill in the blanks with the right objective pronouns.
1. I am going to introduce ____ (She/Her) to one of my pen pals in Malaysia.
2. Lolita told ____ (We/Me) that she wanted to send a birthday gift to her pen pal in Papua.
3. My friends and I have regular meetings with pen pal seeker group. You can join ____ (It/Its) anytime.
4. He told me that he had many e-pals but he is no longer keep in touch with ____ (Theirs/Them)
5. It is obvious that Marina desperately wants to visit Malang very soon. She talked about ____ (Them/It) frequently these days.
Fill in the blanks with the right possessive adjectives.
1. I am going to wash _______ hand. (My/Me)
2. Do you like _____ pen pals? (You/Your)
3. ______ hobby is reading the biography of famous people. (He/His).
4. She is sixteen and ______ school is in Minneapolis (Her/She)
5. They run their family business themselves because _____ father died last year. (They/Their)
Fill in the blanks with the right possessive pronouns.
1. My sister is very diligent and loves reading. ____ (Her/Hers) is also clever and likes reading as well.
2. His little brother studies in Harvard University. ____ (Mine/Me) does, too.
3. I like novels. My novels are a lot, but ____ (his/him) is a few.
4. My pen pals have the same interest with me, which is about writing. We sometimes send our piece of writings and I often give comments on____ (it/theirs).
5. He told me about his family and we told ____(ours/our), too.
Ayo adik-adik dikerjakan ya excercisenya untuk mengasah kemampuan kalian sejauh mana kalian sudah memahami materi Pronouns! Oh iya jangan lupa untuk membaca artikel bahasa inggris kami lainnya yang tentu saja akan menambah wawasan kalian ! 😀
Editor : -ND-